5.08.2009

a roaring lion

a while ago i began writing scripture on the white board in my office. a new one every monday, and it always results in an application that week in some way. well this past week i had 1 peter 5: 6-11. i have always been disturbed by the devil being a roaring lion. i love lions. i love aslan, the Lion of Judah, and the wells family crest has a lion rampant on the shield. lions are my animal, and a symbol i greatly associate with my Savior. therefore, i hate that, prowling around like a roaring lion, is the devil luring us to sin. lions are a symbol of strength, goodness, royalty, and my King, not satan. but the devil does prowl around LIKE a roaring lion. he wants to be our god. he wants us to think he is a god worth following. he tries to look like my Roaring Lion because he knows that in my eyes my Savior is most beautiful. if he can catch me off-guard and make me think he is The Lion, then maybe he can point me in the wrong direction, when all the while i think i'm doing the right thing. there is nothing more important than an intimate relationship with God, made possible through Jesus, by the Holy Spirit living within you. i could never mistake any face, any voice, anything as my wife. i have a oneness with her, a closeness that i always know her opinion, and how she would want situations to turn out. how much more should we know our God, and how much more should we know what isn't our God. there should be no mistaking any face, any voice, anything as our God. we know in our hearts and souls what our God is on fire for. He stirs our desires. the battle between our flesh and Spirit is won. we just have to embrace it and seek the face of Jesus. we are far too pleased with the things of this world, as said by c.s. lewis. we consistently settle for a drop of water when we could trek further into the heart of God and find a waterfall.

No comments: